Soft Buns are the best bread alternative you will ever taste!
We really take our time to make sure that our products taste amazing. We carefully select the best natural, functional ingredients, organic where possible.
Do you like bread for breakfast but want to stay Low Carb and Gluten-free? Tired of serving burgers in lettuce wraps? Then look no further.
These are the best Low Carb buns to help replace bread in your Low carb & Gluten-free lifestyle.
This recipe is easy, filling and delicious.These buns have a pleasing crispy crust with a soft, moist centre. Bulletproof recipe!
It’s easy to digest with only a few ingredients
It doesn’t contain any gums or additives
We don’t use gas flush
It’s very filling due to their large size
It’s light and airy
- It can be eaten with sweet or savoury topping – due to their natural flavour.
It has a gentle crust
It has no eggy taste
It doesn’t change shape
It toasts like a real bread
It freezes perfectly
It’s versatile – the perfect vehicle for sandwiches, panini’s, eggs benne, BLT, burgers and all your favourite low carb meals
Your Dry Mix Instructions
To get the best result, please measure all ingredients precisely
- 330g Egg White (I suggest you buy egg white; they are widely available in supermarkets).
- 2 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
- 250g Boiling water
- To a medium bowl add 330g egg white and 2TBS apple cider vinegar. Whisk gently with hand whisk.
- Add Soft Buns dry mix and whisk gently At this point the mixture will be very thick, so do not over mix.
- Add 250g boiling water and whisk until completely combined. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Wet your hands and form 8 buns. Each bun 105g.
- Sprinkle with the linseeds
- Bake in oven on 175C for 55 minutes. Don’t use fan bake.
- Once your buns are baked, place them on a rack (so they can get air flow) and leave them to cool down completely before eating.
- One bag of egg white makes 3 batches. You can either be super practical and buy 3 dry mixes and make 3 batches of buns at the same time and freeze them.
- Or you can divide your egg white into 3 batches and freeze 2 batches of 330g each for your next baking session.
How to store Soft Buns
Mesh Dome Cover
Soft Buns can stay in the room temperature for up to 7 days covered
with a mash dome food cover.
Best for Summer – Fridge
in the summertime they will keep the best in the fridge – in airtight container lined with hand towel paper to absorb any moisture. Buns will last in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Soft Buns can be frozen to reserve their freshness for up to 3 months in a Ziploc bag. They thaw in no time.